Tuesday, November 15, 2011

TREASURE

There are times when the LORD clearly reveals how much I have. As I look around my home, I see alot of "stuff" that we have accumulated over the years. It's amazing how many things we can get and hold onto and deem as vitally important to our happiness. As we began to purge some of these things, I found myself losing the heart felt attachment to the items I once declared would never leave my possession until I died! I began to discard them and if they were still in good shape, decided to donate them to some ministries I knew could use them for the benefit of others. And the amazing thing was I felt no remorse! The attachment that once held my heart seemed to have disappeared. Now I don't feel guilty about the things I have, I see them as blessings of the life I have been given, living in a country as prosperous as ours (despite all the news otherwise). However, I know that we are the minority in the world. All the things we have run a serious danger of clouding our minds and turning our hearts away from God. It was a real work of the LORD to move me to rid my life of those things which served as the "high places" and took me away from trusting in Him more!
As I survey the small things we were able to stuff in our Christmas boxes, God again revealed to me the importance of blessing others (no matter how big or small) especially since I have been so very blessed. Some would argue that my family and I aren't necessarily that well off. Well to them all I have to say is my treasure is not bound up in the small trinkets and toys of this world, but transcend the wisdom and guise of all men. It is hidden in Christ in the Heavenly places. Jesus said to seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all of these other things would be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33). After all Jesus said, "Where your treasure is, your heart will be also." (Luke 12:34). I want my heart to be wrapped up in Jesus and His Kingdom. Where is you treasure hidden this day?

No comments:

Post a Comment