Monday, January 17, 2011

Can't believe it!!!!!!!

Over the Christmas break and into the new year, I was working on an assignment that was driving me nuts. It was very complicated, challenging and I thought I could never do it. At least with any success. I prayed before working on it every time. Reread my text books and class notes. I tried to understand what it was teaching and applied what I had learned. I even called my professors for help. In the end, I just asked God plainly "Could you help me with this and give me Your widsom to accomplish what I think is impossible. I know nothing with You is impossible...even something small like a Bible college assignement". When I finished, I emailed it off to be marked, expecting nothing much.
Last nite I got the results of the assignments. There were two. The first one was a perfect grade, of which I expected to do well on. It was somewhat simple.
But the second one was the one I was worried about. As I opened the email, I held my breath. I didn't see the mark immediately. I searched frantically acorss the page, finally landing my eyes on the grade. I couldn't believe what I say.....a perfect grade. I actually though for a second it was the first email which graded the other assignment. But this was the grade for the assignment in which I struggled. A smile crept across my face and I said under my breath "Thanks Lord". Then I yelled for Laura (who knew I was languishing under this task and actually said I was alot more grumpier than usual from it) and told her the mark. She said "See, it was always going to be alright". And she was right. It's always going to be alright for those who belong to God. As a matter of fact, it's going to be way more than just alright, it's going to be an incredible life for those who have Jesus, both in this life and the next.
I recalled the verse in which Paul writes God's response to his request to have a problem removed. God told him "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in your weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9.
His grace and strenght was available to His people back then and is even available for a student with a tough assignment today. What is there that you're weak at? Where do you need God's strength to manifest itself today? Because God's grace and strength is sufficient for even that.

No comments:

Post a Comment